Friday 2 November 2012

Halloween

"In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."- Mean girls
 
Sadly for Halloween I did not conform to this famous teen quote, perhaps because it was freezing outside. So instead of opting for the standard sexual approach I decided my new glittery disco pants were the best option, up until I actually entered the nightclub and realised I was overheating.
 
To make myself appear scary I covered my neck in fake blood and I found that when it dried it created cracks and peeled (my neck has never looked so disgusting.) If anybody needs any recommendations for fake blood that can be easily washed off I would highly recommend Clinton Cards fake blood which was only 50p when I bought it- bargain!
 
My makeup which my housemate did for me was dark in order to create a mysterious and evil feel. Even though my makeup was supposed to be just for Halloween I actually really liked the large smoky dark eyes and may use it more often, perhaps I’ll leave off the spider web sticker though.
 
I love dressing up and Halloween is my favourite holiday for fancy dress, this is surprising considering I’m ridiculously scared of horror films and the supernatural. Despite not looking like a slut or having a pumpkin outside my house I did have a very good Halloween especially spending it with my best friends in Mayfair.
 
What did everyone else do for Halloween?
What did you all dress up as?
 


 

1 comment: