Friday 26 April 2013

Finally a glimpse of Summer

After months of being ill, bed ridden to the point of no return and a dressing gown that was worn far too often that I could be mistaken for a ball of candyfloss but take away the sweetness because I was very bitter I am finally starting to feel slightly human. Make up has returned to my face and everyday clothes have returned instead of my combination of jogging bottoms and over-sized hoodies. To make me feel even better the sun has finally come out. We have moved out of the drudge of the winter that over stayed its welcome, just like I have moved out of the dreary hell of glandular fever. This will sound cheesy but as The Only Way is Essex say "the only way is up" and I feel that it definitely is, all we need now is for the sun to stay.
As the sun sat high in the sky shinning glamorously over Britain that needed a well needed pick me up I was only going to Matalan and The Range with my Mum but I thought why not get dressed up. It is true your clothes really do reflect your mood because whilst I've been ill all I've been wearing is black, black, more black and oh your slight tone of grey but now I'm bursting at the seems with colour and style. Thank god I'm finally back and I can say goodbye to the moody woman in black that I have been for a very long time. I say this but when I went out with my Mum I did wear some black but I wasn't drenched in it (baby steps people) I'll phase it out soon enough, needless to say I did buy a bright orange skirt so we can make a rainbow out of me yet. I have to say though the best thing that I was wearing was actually in fact the dark colour itself and it was my River Island heeled sandals. Finally the weather is the right temperature for open toed shoes, no more hiding in the box, no more slipper socks on my feet because these buckled beauties at last got an outing and I must say I did feel slightly glamorous when I was strolling around the bed linen in Matalan.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Top- Primark  | Trousers- H&M | Belt- Primark | Sandals- River Island | Bag-Zara | Bracelet- Turkey | Sunglasses- H&M
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment