Tuesday 21 May 2013

Prom dresses

It's that time of year again the lead up to prom season. We've all been there be it year 11 or year 13 prom and the stress over the dress does not get easier. I've been through two proms and luckily enough my year 13 prom was pretty plain sailing, I can't say that for my year 11 one though. My sister spotted an amazing candyfloss pink floor length dress on the Internet, so a few weeks later my dress arrived, hung up on my door by my Mum I nervously walked up my stairs hoping to see my dream dress. My tragic, shocked expression was far from impressed and trying it on made it even worse, it is definitely true photos do lie, and this was completely false advertising. That monstrosity was heading straight on Ebay. So after a little breakdown later I took my sorry self back to trailing the Internet for another dress and luckily just in the nick of time I did hunt down my perfect purple dress.

Thank god my year 13 dress hunt was much easier. Way before my prom I spotted a sequined peachy number from H&M and with a brilliant price I couldn't help myself. Nonetheless, its always that worry when you buy your dress early that you're going to fall in love with another dress between the time and completely betray your other one, or you're just going to fall out of love with it. Luckily I still loved my dress on the day.

 Despite feeling great in your dress, prom dresses appear to be that one time wear kind of thing, I don't know why we all see it like this, but if you're planning on only wearing your dress once its probably best not not break the bank, especially if alcohol is probably going to end up down you.
 
So if you're looking for the perfect summer prom dress for under £100, look no further than my prom dress colour guide and I'm sure you'll feel like the belle of the ball in these high street dresses.


 

 From left to right:
ASOS £45
OASIS £70
VIRGOS LOUNGE £85
 
 
 From left to right:
VIRGOS LOUNGE £85
WALLIS £60
FOREVER 21 £24.75
 
 WAREHOUSE £65

 
From left to right:
WAREHOUSE £85
LIPSY £50
LIPSY £75


 From left to right:
TOPSHOP £80
ZARA £59.99
 
 
From left to right:
WAREHOUSE £80
LIPSY £70
 

1 comment:

  1. First off, Unique Prom Dresses are for prom, not graduation parties. From the graduation parties I've attended, parties tend to be a casual gathering where people just hang out, so casual dresses and t-shirts and shorts are the usual apparel. Swimsuits may be the apparel if the party is around a pool. Unless the tradition of graduation parties around where you live is like a formal event, I don't think anyone wears prom dresses or like formal wear to graduation parties.

    For prom or perhaps a graduation dress, it's really up to your sister's style and body type. If you're not looking for too sexy, consider avoiding dresses that show a lot of cleavage or reveal too much back. For not simple, perhaps consider dresses with prints or lace. You could also consider ones with sequins and sparkles, but those things also scratch and fall off, so keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete